Our active membership has grown to
over 60. Members enjoy a range of benefits including bi-monthly
meetings covering a wide variety of topics. An extensive collection
of locally historic items is available for members to see, enjoy,
and learn from. Our most recent aquisition is from the estate of
Lester Faust of Douglassville. The collection contains many household
items from the colonial and victorian period, giving viewers an
insight into the everyday lifestyle of that era.
Additionally, the Society hosts special events throughout the
year including tours, archaeological digs, dedications, and visits
historic homesteads. Many members become involved in volunteer
projects, historic preservation efforts, and the like.
Membership Rights and Priveleges
- A member is entitled to one vote and will receive
timely notice of any issues to be voted on. A member
can vote by proxy.
- Members will be allowed access to our historical
library and archives.
- Members must be at least thirteen years old to vote
on an issue.
- Members will join through the submission of a membership
- Members are entitled to a newsletter as they become
- Amity Heritage Society By-Laws will be available
for review to all members.
- A member must notify the Board, in writing, one week
prior to a membership meeting if their issue is to
be on the agenda.
- Membership is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Membership meetings will be held monthly or as needed
with one week notice given.